- THX® Select2 Plus™ Certified
- HDMI® (Version 1.4a to Support 3D and Audio Return Channel) with Deep Color™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, Dolby® Digital Plus, DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio™ Decoding
- HDMI Video Upscaling to 1080p with Faroudja DCDi Cinema™
- Audyssey DSX™ and Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz for New Surround Channels
- Burr-Brown 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs (PCM1690) for All Channels
- Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry
- Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology
- Audyssey 2EQ™ for Room Acoustic Correction
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume™
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ™ for Loudness Correction
- Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Line-Out for Playback of Separate Source in Another Room
- Overlaid Graphical On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI
- 2 Parallel Subwoofer Pre Outs
- Analog RGB Video Input (D-sub, 15 pin) for PC
- 160 W/Ch at 6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1 Channel Driven, IEC
- WRAT (Wide Range Amplifier Technology)
- High-Current Low-Impedance Drive
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- Bi-Amping Capability
- Advanced 32-Bit Processing DSP Chip
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG (Role Playing Game)
- Music Optimizer™ for Compressed Digital Music Files
- Pure Audio Mode
- Direct Mode
- Double Bass Function
- Non-Scaling Configuration
- A-Form Listening Mode Memory
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Universal Port for Single-Cable Connection of Optional Onkyo Dock for iPhone™/iPod® or DAB+ Radio Tuner
- Audio and 1080p Video Processing via HDMI (1 Front/5 Rear Inputs and 1 Output)
- HDTV-Capable (720p/1080i) Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output)
- Front-Panel Audio Input for Portable Devices
- Front-Panel Auxiliary A/V Input
- 4 Digital Inputs (2 Optical and 2 Coaxial)
- 4 A/V Inputs and 1 Output
- Video Output (Monitor)
- 2 Audio Inputs
- Color-Coded, Banana Plug-Compatible Speaker Posts
- Headphone Jack
- Crossover Adjustment (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control Function (Up to 200 ms in 10 ms Steps)
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
- Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- Sleep Timer (via Remote)
- Battery-Free Memory Backup
- RDS (PS/RT/PTY/TP)
- 40 FM/AM Random Presets
- RIHD (Remote Interactive over HDMI) for System Control
- Compatible with RI (Remote Interactive) Dock for iPod
- Preprogrammed RI Remote Control
HDMI™ 1.4 Support for 3D Video and Audio Return Channel
The six HDMI 1.4 inputs on the TX-SR608 let you simultaneously connect high-def sources such as a Blu-ray player, a gaming console, and a cable/satellite tuner. A single output then sends a pristine signal to your connected high-resolution display. As the latest version of this connector, HDMI 1.4 adds the exciting possibilities of 3D video and an Audio Return Channel. 3D video is the next big thing in home entertainment, with movie, game, and broadcast content on the increase and 3D-compatible TVs on the near horizon. The TX-SR608 also offers the convenience of an Audio Return Channel via HDMI. Audio content received directly by your HDTV’s tuner can be sent “upstream” to your A/V receiver, without the need for a separate S/PDIF audio cable.
HDMI Video Upscaling to 1080p with Faroudja DCDi Cinema™
When it comes to video processing, the Faroudja DCDi Cinema (Directional Correlational Deinterlacing) video processor offers several advantages. This processor can accept any video signal, regardless of the source resolution, and upscale it to 1080p to match the native resolution of your high-definition display. What’s more, DCDi Cinema effectively removes video artifacts such as jagged edges during the video signal deinterlacing process. You get to enjoy smooth progressive scan video images, even for fast-moving sports and action scenes.
Audyssey DSX™ and Dolby™ Pro Logic™ IIz Add New Dimensions to Surround Sound
The TX-SR608 handles two new surround-sound technologies from Audyssey and Dolby that offer exciting new ways to set up the speakers in your home cinema system. Audyssey DSX lets you incorporate “front wide” speakers, in place of the usual surround back speakers, to expand the width of the soundstage. Set up at a recommended 60° off center, these channels help to produce a more realistic soundstage and a more immersive listening experience. Alternatively, Audyssey DSX can reconfigure the TX-SR608’s surround back channels to deliver “front height” channels. These channels carry ambient, non-directional audio that adds a new vertical dimension to your movies and games. Dolby Pro Logic IIz provides a similar front-height speaker option that likewise works to create a more enveloping home cinema experience.
THX™ Select2 Plus™ Certified
THX Select2 Plus certification is specified for rooms where the screen-to-seat viewing distance is 3 to 4 meters and the room volume is around 56 cubic meters. To achieve THX Select2 Plus certification, the TX-SR608 must meet the world’s most demanding standards for home cinema audio quality and performance, and must play at reference volume levels with minimal distortion.
Decoding of High-Definition Surround-Sound Codecs
The TX-SR608 can decode Dolby™ TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™—two lossless formats that enable delivery of a bit-for-bit soundtrack identical to the studio master track. These codecs, previously available only on mid-range and high-end receivers, take advantage of the high data capacity of the Blu-ray format.
Convenient Overlaid Graphical On-Screen Display via HDMI
Changing your A/V receiver’s settings is now more seamless than ever, thanks to the TX-SR608’s new overlaid graphical On-Screen Display (OSD) feature. Simply press the Home button on the included remote controller, and semi-transparent graphical set-up menus appear overlaid on the video image you’re watching. This means you can adjust the settings immediately, without having to switch back and forth from a blank screen background.
192 kHz/24-Bit Burr-Brown DACs Improve Jitter Performance to Deliver Clearer Sound
High-quality Burr-Brown DACs (PC1690) work to optimize analog audio performance on the
TX-SR608. These DACs perform advanced 24-bit signal processing and support sampling rates of up to 192 kHz, while displaying high resistance to clock jitter and offering a 113 dB dynamic range.
A Suite of Audyssey Technologies for the Ideal Listening Environment
(1) Audyssey 2EQ™ tailors multi-channel audio for your home cinema speaker set-up by measuring three room positions and applying a resolution
filter to the satellite speakers to correct for room acoustics.
(2) Audyssey Dynamic Volume™ automatically compensates for volume fluctuations in different audio content—for example, during commercial breaks—while optimizing the dynamic range
(3)Audyssey Dynamic EQ™ maintains a consistent bass response, tonal balance, and surround-sound effect at different volume levels, so you can enjoy the natural dynamics of your content regardless of the volume.
Playback of Different Audio Sources in Two Different Zones
With Powered Zone 2, you can enjoy surround-sound entertainment in the main room, while playing back a different stereo source in a second zone equipped with a pair of speakers. Alternatively, you can use the Zone 2 line-out to send an unamplified audio signal to an amplifier (and speakers) in the second room.