- Dolby Atmos® Multidimensional Sound
- Supports HDCP 2.2 for 4K Streaming and TV
- Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth Inside
- Stream Direct from Smartphone and Tablet
- Stream Your Network-Attached Hi-res Audio Libraries via Remote App
Find help here!
7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver w/ HDMI 2.0
Bringing Next-Generation Entertainment to Your Home
The TX-NR636 wins prime position on your gear rack for three reasons. Firstly, it’s among one of the few A/V receivers to support Dolby Atmos®* multidimensional sound following a quick firmware update. Dolby Atmos very accurately places and moves sound around the cinema, including overhead, for a breathtakingly realistic movie experience. This receiver is also ready for Ultra HD streaming and 4K gaming at 60 fps with the latest 4K/60 Hz HDMI® inputs and HDCP 2.2 compatibility. Qdeo™ upscaling technology is included to convert low-res video into pin-sharp Full HD or Ultra HD. Secondly, it sounds incredible, with high-current Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry on the L/R/C channels for all-enveloping surround sound and musical two-channel audio. Thirdly, it’s simple to use with Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth for universal audio streaming via PC, NAS, and mobiles, plus there’s a huge selection of music streaming services waiting for you to explore. Overlaid menus with InstaPrevue™ technology make loading content quick and easy. Throw in a phono equalizer and Powered Zone 2 and you’ve got a value-packed powerhouse ready for the next wave of high-resolution entertainment.
*Firmware update required.
- English (with Dolby Atmos) (1.38 MB)
- Advanced (En) (with Dolby Atmos) (1.17 MB)
- Francais Espanol (with Dolby Atmos) (2.3 MB)
- Italiano Deutsch Nederlands Svenska Suomi (with Dolby Atmos) (5.03 MB)
- English (old) (4.91 MB)
- Advanced (En - old) (16.18 MB)
- Francais Espanol (old) (9.22 MB)
- Italiano Deutsch Nederlands Svenska Suomi (old) (21.75 MB)
Enjoy the sound of master quality audio MQA encoded music available from OnkyoMusicOnkyo is proud to announce support for… morePress Release dated: 27 Apr 2016
High Res Audio support for up to DSD 11.2MHz, 384kHz/24bit FLAC/WAVFully balanced circuit design for great stereo separation… morePress Release dated: 27 Apr 2016
OSAKA, JAPAN: With more Dolby Atmos®- and DTS:X™*-encoded Blu-ray blockbusters hitting the shelves every day, now’s the… morePress Release dated: 25 Apr 2016
NOTE: This press release has been modified since the date of original publication to correct the statement “separate… morePress Release dated: 28 Mar 2016
OSAKA, JAPAN: Onkyo marks 70 years as a world-leading Hi-Fi and audio-video innovator by smashing the price-to-performance… morePress Release dated: 14 Mar 2016